collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Thousands Dead in Dolphins Stadium Demolition  (Read 589 times)

Offline Dan Farnell

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Thousands Dead in Dolphins Stadium Demolition
« on: June 18, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
BUENOS AIRES -- The WBACS has ended, and with it the truce between all parties involved in the Dolphins saga. Jorge Lopez has struck first to end the armistice. The morning after the Northwest Emeralds celebrated their championship, Lopez issued an ultimatum to the tens of thousands of protesters occupying what they had deemed the Dolphins Stadium Autonomous Zone (DSAZ): leave, or be demolished along with the stadium at midnight. Most left, but thousands stayed.

In the evening hours, the demolition crews began to arrive. Protesters met them at the stadium gates with chants of Bo-ye Bo-ye. Roughly half of the demolition workers are said to have broken ranks and joined the DSAZ, but reinforcements were called in.

Rebellion Icon Abilio Boye

“It is well known that Jorge Lopez has in his employ countless mercenaries from a firm called Whitewater,” said EVILCORP expert Rodolfo Guzman. “Officially they are employed as river rafting guides, and while they do conduct rafting tours, lovely ones actually I must say, I just took the wife and kids and just cannot say enough good things; they have also been called into many of EVILCORP’s conflicts as muscle. Many of the demolition crew workers in the videos I have seen from the protests are known ‘Whitewater “Guides.”’

The “demolition crew” made an announcement at 11:30pm that the demolition would proceed as scheduled at midnight. None of the protesters left. At 11:57, protesters linked arms and sang “La Internacional.” At 12, the stadium was demolished. By 12:10, the smoke had cleared and all that remained was rubble. Rubble that Lopez is refusing to clear.

Early estimates put the total dead between 4,000-6,000, making it the deadliest event in Argentina’s history that I am aware of, which doesn’t mean a lot because I don’t know much about Argentina’s history. But it’s gotta be up there.

Protesters have now begun circulating petitions calling for Lopez to be prosecuted for murder, but as yet such demands have gained little traction within the political power structure.

GM Jake said, “I’m torn on this one. On the one hand, I think it’s unfortunate that so many people got exploded like that. On the other hand, the stadium is the property of Mr. Lopez, and the protesters were, ya know, technically trespassing. I just don’t know. I’m conflicted!”

Abilio Boye was much less conflicted, saying, “This man and all others like him must be crushed and defeated. One day these heroic martyrs will be remembered as having died in the first battle of a righteous struggle for dignity in the lives of working people. We are not Jorge’s playthings, and what you are seeing around the country are millions of people standing up to loudly reject the status quo. There is so much darkness, yet there is so much hope. I am just a pitcher. Just a man with a ridiculously filthy slider. I mean no more to this movement than anyone else. For us to win, we will need mass solidarity and struggle like we have not seen in a very long time. It will not be easy. But we have no other choice. We are underdogs in this fight. But so were the Northwest Emeralds.”

-Dan Farnell

Dan Farnell is the beat writer for the Buenos Aires Dolphins. He is very qualified to write about major societal events and stuff like that. He knows that kind of stuff too, not just baseball.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal