collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: The Neverending Karpat Saga  (Read 646 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Neverending Karpat Saga
« on: October 02, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »
Monday, January 20, 2110
Santo Domingo
by Odin Locks

It has now been over a month since our last update on the effort to deal Serhat Karpat by the Los Angeles Stars front office. While we didn't want to publish an update devoid of information, we have recently been given some juicy nuggets by a disgruntled team source.

It seems that the delay has in fact been caused by an ill-timed vacation by the Los Angeles GM. This source confirmed that several employees in team administration have been frustrated by the GM when trying to get his response to various offers for Karpat from around the WBA. When we attempted to contact the GM directly, a representative told us only that "(he) values his family time immensely and will make no apologies for taking this much needed vacation with them." The friction in the front office seemed quite real as we spoke with the various parties.

But what about the deal itself? Amazingly we were told that the Stars are currently considering six different trade offers for Karpat, making this the biggest trade discussion in league history. While all deals include good to great young prospects, a few of the offers have added draft picks to sweeten the pot. And yet at this point no offer stands out significantly above the rest, which actually seemed to concern my source greatly. "Look, I know it should be great that we have multiple strong offers, but if we don't get an offer that clearly separates itself from the pack there is a very real possibility that the GM is just going to draw a number out of a hat. When I asked him to schedule some time for us to review each offer in detail he told me 'I don't have time for that right now, if nobody blows us away then just pick one or whatever. I'm on vacation.' It's maddening."

While I seriously doubt it will come down to a random draw, there are definitely concerns in Los Angeles headquarters about this process and this news will no doubt cause Karpat's suitors to worry about where they stand. As always we will update you as soon as we hear anything.

Offline Bob_Meteors

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: The Neverending Karpat Saga
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:04:21 AM »
Haha!! Well done, good writing.
Manager:
Brisbane Bandits 2107-2108
Melbourne Meteors 2108-

2108 WBA Champions
2142 WBA Champions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal