collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Offseason Update: Meteors scrambling after Rainha trade  (Read 583 times)

Offline Bob_Meteors

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Offseason Update: Meteors scrambling after Rainha trade
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:08:03 PM »
MELBOURNE, Australia: Sources are telling the WBA Times that the Melbourne Meteors front office is furious after the Santo Domingo Palmchats announced they had traded starting pitcher Zuleide Rainha and right fielder Pio Seixas to the Rome Generals.

Reporters from the WBA Times planted a voice recorder on one of the coaches' assistants for the Meteors, and we obtained the audio recording of their meeting after the trade. Some highlights include GM Bob Weinberg cursing Palmchats GM Huck L. Berry for 4 minutes and 27 seconds. Weinberg also was furious at the target of the trade, saying "It's not only that we didn't get these guys. But Rome! Jesus. They were better than us last year, how the {redacted} are we supposed to compete with them now??"

Reports indicate that Melbourne had been counting on adding Rainha for a championship run, and are now scrambling to find a good replacement. Talks with a few other teams are rumored, but there's no evidence that Melbourne is anywhere close to finalizing a deal. Weinberg said "I mean, Kvana is ok I guess. But past him we have nobody. Like, I am supposed to win a {redacted} championship with {redacted} Yami Salehe? {redacted} that Huck."

Phil Crater
Phil Crater is a beat writer for the WBA Times, also called a report reporter. He has said that this job is "definitely not just watching the news and copying their stories".
Manager:
Brisbane Bandits 2107-2108
Melbourne Meteors 2108-

2108 WBA Champions
2142 WBA Champions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal