collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 20
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: The Andy Stone Saga: Bad blood between Stone and Karpat?  (Read 969 times)

Offline Bob_Meteors

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
The Andy Stone Saga: Bad blood between Stone and Karpat?
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »
LOS ANGELES, California, United States: LA star pitcher Serhat Karpat is reportedly on the trading block. Karpat is signed to one more year at approximately $20m, and 2 more years at $11m. The Melbourne Meteors (as well as everyone else in the league) have expressed preliminary interest in Karpat, who went 15-5 with a 2.83 ERA last year.

Meteors GM Bob Weinberg flew to Los Angeles to meet with Karpat. Andy Stone was in Seattle at the time, visiting the Northwest Emeralds. The Stone Brigade, still devoted to keeping Stone as far away from Melbourne as possible, told Boras that Weinberg was talking to Karpat. Stone and Boras drove to LA. They arrived early, however, while Weinberg's meeting with Karpat was still in progress. As Karpat walked out of the room, Stone became furious, shouting "He's got a huge tag. You can't afford both of us!! Pick one or get none!" Karpat turned on Stone, yelling "It's no wonder he prefers me! My ERA was 2.83! Yours was, what, 3.50? Pathetic!" Stone fired back with "Well, old man, I can throw harder than you!"

Karpat and Stone agreed to a fastball competition. Weinberg procured his traveling radar gun to measure their speeds. Stone fired a fastball clocked at 95 mph. As Karpat went into his windup, he was struck in the arm with a tranquilizer dart. Boras was seen stuffing something into his briefcase rapidly. Karpat's arm immediately went numb, and the ball slipped from his hand. It was clocked at 8 mph.

Stone and Boras stormed out of the meeting without speaking to Weinberg. It looks like the Meteors are going to have to make a decision on who they prefer.

Marcus Comet
Manager:
Brisbane Bandits 2107-2108
Melbourne Meteors 2108-

2108 WBA Champions
2142 WBA Champions

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: The Andy Stone Saga: Bad blood between Stone and Karpat?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:34 AM »
Sounds like we've got some serious shenanigans going on here.

Offline Txhorns

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »
I can neither confirm or deny that I paid Andy Stone and undisclosed amount of money to opt of of his deal and not sign with Melbourne.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »
I for one am looking forward to the goon fights in the stands when the IBL season plays out next year. The hatred is palpable.

Offline APMP

• Team Owner
  • See ball, hit ball, home run.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 06:29:30 PM »
goon

They're properly termed hooligans. Freaking ABL folks that side of the pond...No respect for the Queen's English.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal